?

Log in

No account? Create an account
POLL!! - here is where i live — LiveJournal

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> <3

me!
contact info
writing/art journal
flickr
youtube
last.fm
social networking and potential boning
okcupid
myspace
facebook

December 24th, 2001


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
01:48 pm - POLL!!
they're rare, but they happen

so, talking to my dad today about my 'hanukah' present (seeing as hanukah is over, but we're good like that). the original plan had been an acoustic geetar. the reason being i want a guitar at school but last year didnt have enough room for my electric with teh amp and whatnot. this year, however, i have more room as i rearranged a buncha stuff, so i could fit all my rockin' paraphenalia in there, should i so desire. that wasn't the ONLY reason i want an acoustic, however, it'd just be cool to have one. theyr'e nice and all. however, i don't know that i want one enough to justify it, just cuz it's neat, as i alreayd have a guitar whcih now can get into my room. and now, rather than think for myself, i'm enlisting your help.

[i'm not actually deciding based on what you say of course, i just wanna get some opinions. and i will be keepign the electric either way, if you were wondering]

Poll #14155 rock out with your cock out

so, what's the dilly-o?

go acoustic
16(66.7%)
stay electric
8(33.3%)

and for an opinion baseline, what's your favorite band?


state: my back hurts
np: police - can't stand losing you

(8 shots upside the head | en garde!)

Comments:


From:devil_doll
Date:December 24th, 2001 11:13 pm (UTC)

Well, the obvious choice here is....

(Link)
... an acoustic/electric. If you want more of an electric sound, go with one of the slim-body A/Es, ala Dave Matthews. If you're looking for more of the "traditional" acoustic sound, go for the A/E dreadnought style. Either way, you win. :)
[User Picture]
From:kingnixon
Date:December 29th, 2001 05:19 pm (UTC)

Re: Well, the obvious choice here is....

(Link)
i've been told that you can't use those in normal amps very well. but as it turns out, i am getting an a/e, simply because of all the acoustics i tried, i liked its sound the best. i'm gonna keep my electric so its electric abilities arent that important
From:devil_doll
Date:December 29th, 2001 09:41 pm (UTC)

Re: Well, the obvious choice here is....

(Link)
Well, it depends on how big the "normal amp" is, but generally all you need is a feedback buster-type of thing... but whateva. :) What kind are ya getting?
[User Picture]
From:kingnixon
Date:January 2nd, 2002 09:33 am (UTC)

Re: Well, the obvious choice here is....

(Link)
ibanez
From:devil_doll
Date:January 2nd, 2002 05:54 pm (UTC)

Re: Well, the obvious choice here is....

(Link)
Cool... I got an Ibanez a/e bass... :)
[User Picture]
From:kingnixon
Date:January 8th, 2002 04:59 pm (UTC)

Re: Well, the obvious choice here is....

(Link)
*rocks out*
[User Picture]
From:kingnixon
Date:December 29th, 2001 05:20 pm (UTC)

Re: Well, the obvious choice here is....

(Link)
ps: i love that they call it dreadnought. what a great word
From:devil_doll
Date:December 29th, 2001 10:02 pm (UTC)

Re: Well, the obvious choice here is....

(Link)
It is a great word, but not really fitting of such a (traditionally) mellow instrument. "Dreadnought" is meant to strike fear into the hearts of those who hear it... when you see a long-haired, tye-dyed-T-shirt-wearing, pot-smoking hippie playing a "dreadnought" style guitar, does it really make you want to run in fear? You may only answer yes if one or both of the following conditions apply: A) He/she smells really bad, or 2) He/she is playing/singing really poorly.

p.s. - there's nothing wrong with hippies, I just chose that particular group for their general mellowocity. DON'T HATE!

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com