June 3rd, 2001
|04:24 pm - 91 points|
so here's the survey from loserface i was planning to do a buncha days ago but was lazy then everyone else did it before me. all you damn timetravelling copycats!
and in other news, my plan of not wearing my glasses to improve my vision as per sgnp's suggestion seems to be working. not that i can see any better, but when i put my glasses back on for glasses-required activities, stuff looks weird, kinda. so either my prescription has changed slightly in the last few days, or i'm noticing my glasses' dirtyness more than usual. whateva. i've got an eye appt in the end of august, so we'll see what's up with them. i've been considering going with contacts, tho if i actually wanna stick with my sight-imiprovement-plan that woudlnt work too swell i think. but we'll see.
A nice survey with better categories...
1. The singular boring question: What is your name? dan
2. If you had been born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name
have been? possibly clara, as i was named after my grandma clara (by which i mean my middle name starts with c, as does clara. this is seriously my parents' explanation of how i was named after her. sad, innit?). if my choice, i dunno.. rose, maybe
3. Would you name a child of yours after you? i will name all my children george foreman
4. If you had to switch first names with a friend of yours, who would you
switch with? nothing comes to mind
5. What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name? dan is pretty hard to mispronounce - daniel even. my last name (widrew) has been destroyed just about every way possible, however. people seem especially fond of trying 'wildrew' and 'woodrow'
6. If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name (like
Madonna, Cher, Roseanne)? naw, i would just go all the way and get a niftyass stagename
Deep Theological Questions
7. Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell? no
8. Do you think God has a gender? possibly in some sense. i don't think god is male or female
9. Do you think science counteracts religion? all the time. the world's not flat, anymore..
10. Do you believe in organized religion? i believe it exists. i believe it shouldn't.
11. Where do you think we go when we die? we're dumped on the jersey turnpike
12. Do you feel a little funny thinking about the questions in this section? nah, i think about this stuff all the time. these questions were child's play :-p
13. How easy is it to make you laugh? foolishly so. i laugh when i'm happy, not neccasarily when i'm amused
14. What person you know makes you laugh the most? hmmmm i don't think i could choose. i know some damn hilarious people
15. Do you laugh at jokes you know you shouldn't? all the time
16. Do you tell jokes you know you shouldn't? all the time
17. What words instantly make you laugh or at least smile? biatch! saxamaphone
18. What do you think is the funniest thing you've ever said or written? hmm. i think my favorite "dan is witty" moment is from talkin to john, after he got his crazy finger ring. he said something to the effect of "nothing says "i've wrapped my digit in silver" like one of these babies" and i responded "nothing says chastity belt like "i've wrapped my digit in silver"". that's just brilliant, dammit (ok, i'm lame)
19. Do you ever dance to music when nobody's watching? yuh! dancing rules
20. What is/are the worst song(s) you have ever heard? as in lowest quality, or what i liked the least? for quality, probably one of the many shitty techno songs i've randomly found online (or billiam's sausage medley, if htat counts). for liking, i dunno, but it's probably country-pop
21. What song(s) do you wish you could understand a little better? deftones
22. What song(s) are constantly in your head? i always have something in my head, but varies all the time. lately, it's been the 1st track to shai halud, whatever that song is called
23. What song(s) do you think describe your personality best? live "i alone", chris cornell "can't change me", violent femmes "add it up", hanson "mmmbop"
24. If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s)
would you use? brian adams "everything i do i do it for you", that "baby i love your way" song (who the hell does that?)
25. If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s)
would you hope he or she used? akinyele "put it in your mouth"
26. What movie(s) do you love that nobody else seems to? i don't think i like any universally hated movies, but i thought a lot more of "unbreakable" than everyone else
27. Do you agree with the idea that sequels are always worse than the
original? not always
28. Who's your favorite Star Wars character? jarjar binks
29. What kind of movie do you think there should be more of? movies that don't suck a lot. more mel brooks movies from before he started sucking. good horror movies. hardcore porn starring me.
30. What movie(s) do you simply not understand the appeal of? most chick flicks
31. When eating, are you more concerned with taste or healthiness? food can be healthy?
32. What's your favorite kind of cheese? cheddar
33. What do you think your answer to the previous question reveals about
your personality? my disapointment with marvel comics after they destroyed the midnight sons
34. If you knew exactly what went into Chinese food, hamburger meat, etc.,
would you still eat it? mmmm rat brains
35. Do you ever feel guilty eating meat? yes. i should be eating EVEN MORE MEAT!
36. Mac or PC? PC
37. How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer,
as long as it works? not a bit. it can be fun to poke around tho
38. Do you ever begin preferring IMs to other forms of conversation? yes
39. Do you find you're different talking through IMs than face-to-face or on
the telephone? yes
40. Have you ever ended bid on something on eBay and regretted it later?
i don't have an ebay account yet. once i get around to it, i'm sure i'll buy all manner of worthlessness
The Battle of the Sexes
41. Have you ever wished you could experience being the other gender? vaguely
42. What do you love most about the other gender? just about everything
43. What do you dislike most about the other gender? i seem to be the 'just friends' type...
44. What do you understand least about the other gender? that thing they do when they... no, wait.. everything.
45. Do you sometimes see a movie or watch a show just because a good-looking
celebrity is in it? never
46. What celebrity's autograph do you want most? this isn't exactly a big issue in my life
47. Have people ever said you looked like a celebrity, and if so, who? not as such
48) If there was to be a movie about you, who do you think should play you
(in personality, looks or both)? brad pitt, so people think i'm hot
49. Does it ever annoy you when you know someone is a celebrity but you
can't remember why? only after 'being john malkovich' when i spent like a month trying to remember what he was in. i'm up to 5 movies now!
50. If you could enter any celebrity's mind like in "Being John Malkovich",
whose would you enter? christopher walken
51. Do you want to be John Malkovich? yuh!
52. Do you laugh when you hear or read the number 69? cartwheel! (for those not from manch, yes)
53. Were you lying about your answer to the previous question? no
54. Do you actually know your Social Security Number? yes. stupid college forms, needing it 90000 times
55. Do you actually know your IP address? no, but i'd recognize it if i saw it
56. Do you know what an IP address is? yeah
57. Do you know the four-character extension on your ZIP code? 1419, i think. could be wrong tho
58. Ever thought there were too many numbers floating around in our lives? yeah, sometimes
59. Does your head begin to hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary
numbers, irrational numbers, etc.? no, i thrive on that stuff
60. What do you think of pi? truly excellent movie, overrated number (i'm a fan of i, myself. just think about what that is, it's so cool)
Love, Sex and All That
61. Did you get a little frightened or uncomfortable seeing this as a
section title? no
62. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating
you, how would you feel? flattered. if it was a big interest on their part, concerned they'd be hurt
63. Do you prefer getting to know someone first before dating them or going
in "blind"? getting to know them. i don't think i've ever liked someone i didn't know somewhat
64. Could you carry on a relationship with someone with the same first name
as a family member? i woudln't notice at first, someone would point it out to me, then i'd get freaked. only immediate family tho (hence, my mom. if it was my dad or brother's names, that would be cause for concern)
65. Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask
a guy out? it is socially acceptable. it's not always acceptable for the girl. in which case, they're just wussy, but whatever
66. What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment? if they're both into it, good for them
67. Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically
unattractive? yes. but i found them physically attractice due to being romantically attracted.
68. Do you think the opposite sex finds you good-looking? i've been told i'm cute. it doesn't seem to be doing much for me tho
69. Would you be willing to give up sex in exchange for an emotional
commitment you knew would last? yeah
70. Do you think the number of the last question was a coincidence? yeah
71. What is your favorite possession? zack, my stuffed cat i've had since i was 2
72. What physical, tangible possession do you want most? rockclimbing shoes/climbing gym membership
73. How badly do you want it? i fully intend it to be my 1st purchase after getting work (not counting gas and food and the like)
74. Have you ever seen 'The Exorcist'? multiple times. the new version w/ extra scenes, even. part 3, even (he changed the ending from the book SO MUCH)
75. How long did it take you to understand why the last question is in this
section? i didn't notice it was odd til this question. a few minutes of confusion... i'm daft
76. Does Christmas music too far away from Christmas annoy you? if it's a bad song, it annoys me anytime of year. if not, no.
77. How old do you think you will be before you stop liking getting older? probably 30ish. i don't think i'll dread aging for a long time tho
78. What was the best Halloween costume you ever had? my costumes were always realy lame
79. What was the worst Halloween costume you ever had? probably my melting scarred guy costume. someone at camp had showed me how to make fake scars and shit with knox gelatin, but by the time halloween rolled around, i must've forgotten how ti worked, cuz i coudln't get the junk to stay on. so i ended up basically looking like a sunburn was peeling off my arm
80. What holiday do you think has still managed to retain its original
meaning? none, really
81. There are currently no federal holidays during August. I don't know what
that's supposed to mean. ok.
82. How good is your short-term memory? barely existent
83. How good is your long-term memory? very good
84. What is your earliest memory? leaning against my sleeping cousin spencer, on the couch at my old house. i think i was 3
85. What is your happiest memory? i coudlnt choose one
86. What is your strangest memory? driving to mass with dave and jeff, in search of a taco bell
87. What song, movie, etc. do you wish you could memorize? airheads, "ice ice baby", ren and stimpy episodes
88. What movie makes/made you cry? the last movie i actually cried at was home alone (waay back when it was still in theaters) cuz i felt so bad for the robbers. they got the shit beat out of them! american beauty always manages to get me a bit choked up tho
89. What book makes/made you cry? they didn't actually make me cry, but "the quest for saint camber" katherine kurtz and "wizard and glass" stephen king, did pretty well for themselves
90. What song makes/made you cry? again, didn't actually cry, but "limo wreck" soundgarden, "slide" goo goo dolls, "sometimes it hurts" stabbing westward
91. What makes/made you laugh so hard you cried? my friends. the clerks cartoons. the one scene from the mary tyler moore show where the dumb guy hits the jerk with a pie
state: i want to do something exciting
np: Leftfield - Afrika Shox
|Date:||June 3rd, 2001 04:52 pm (UTC)|| |
Big Mountain did a cover of it...I think it was originally Peter Framton? They say it in Reality Bites, but on the soundtrack its the cover. It's a horrid song. I hate it.
horrid?!? bah! how can you hate that song. he loves your way, baby..
|Date:||June 4th, 2001 06:05 pm (UTC)|| |
he does not. he just wants to get in my pants in the back of an expensive car.
|Date:||June 5th, 2001 12:39 pm (UTC)|| |
yeah, but its him too.
|Date:||June 5th, 2001 07:01 pm (UTC)|| |
I don't think thats relevant, since I wouldn't sleep with him anyway. If your going to fight someone for me, I think it'd have to be Chris, seeing as how he and I are engaged since last thursday and only you knew. speaking of which, theres a new daily... http://stagegodess.tripod.com
awright then, i shall fight chris!
i wonder how many times i've been in the daily. i should keep a tally.
|Date:||June 6th, 2001 02:05 pm (UTC)|| |
Did I mention he plays hockey?
You can check, you know. There are archives.
did i mention i'll cheat and bring a bat?
there are many archives, it would be timeconsuming to go thru them all
|Date:||June 6th, 2001 02:12 pm (UTC)|| |
Well if you cheat and bring a bat, I'll let him cheat and bring a large vehicle.
just go through the ones that have existed since I have known you.
i'll cut the break line on his large vehicle and bring a cliff for him to careen off of
you existed before knowing me? how can that be possible..
|Date:||June 6th, 2001 02:17 pm (UTC)|| |
well you won't have time because he'll be driving it at you before you get there HA!
yes. In fact, I existed before knowing you for approximately 16 or 17 years, I think, which, upon further inspections, suggests that there aren't and dailies archived B.D. (before dan)
|Date:||June 12th, 2001 04:48 am (UTC)|| |
I just read all the by-play, long after the fact. Sweet-n-sour godparts that is funny!! Shoots laser beams and communist storm troopers!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*clunk*
Sorry, I fell off my chair.
heh, glad you're enjoying the show