* hermit crabs not dying. the hermit crabs come with a 30 day warranty, like toasters. i brought claude's corpse in (aparently they mail the dead crabs to the parent company to get refunded for them) after work yesterday, and got a new one. the new one was dead by teh time i got home. wtf? this can't be my fault, all i did was drive home
* new glass tank lid not cracking in the middle of the night inexplicably
* new tank heater actually heating the tank
* everyone's good taste in liking poltergeist. i watched it last night, with lauri. that movie suuuuuuuuuucked. seriously, why does this movie have such a good reputation? i've seen scarier episodes of tales from the crypt. i woulda thought the happy family parts were making fun of spielburg movies, but he produced and wrote this thing, so basically tobe hooper tried to do spielburg and failed horribly. then the crazy shit started happening WAY too fast, and everyone reacted incredibly unconvincingly (the one good scene in the entire movie, i think, was when craig t nelson [i hate that guy] gets home and his wife shows him the chair trick. how they responded so oppositely to that was good), and that freaking psychic midgit lady, what was the point of her? hell, what was the point of the whole middle of the movie? seriously, she shows up and expositions all over them, leads a very unspectacular rescue of the daughter, intones this house is clean! and goes home. then the house eats everyone. and what was up with the big evil beast monster ghost thing? that was never even vaguely a) explained b) confronted c) defeated d) circumvented. it shows up twice, growls a lot, and that's pretty much all. i have to say, though, the end fascinated me. they just LEFT. there was no attempt at a conclusion or anything: the house swallowed itself, the ghosts were running around, crazy lights everywhere, skeletons rolling around, neighbors figuring out that hey maybe something mildly odd is afoot, so what do the heros do? THEY GO STAY AT A MOTEL. i can't think of a single other movie that ends by everyone just giving up and going away
* my car -- so last night, i'm driving home from lauri's, going along just fine, when allofasudden the engine gets SO loud and the car starts shaking. it sounded like a motorcycle gang was driving around in the engine. so i pull over. as soon as i go into neutral the engine noise goes away, but now i can hear this crazy rattling, like there's a bunch of mexican jumping
* me at leaving messages. i just left the stupidest message at the car place, asking someone to call back with when i could bring it in. anyone who has heard a voice message i have left knows what i'm talking about.
* me at scheduling. the guy just called back and i am set to bring my car in tomorrow at 2. so now i'm doublebooked tomorrow evening AND will probably have no car. neat!
* jen's cell. i called it last night when i got home, to let her know i had no way to get to work this morning. it was not living. so i decided oh well and went to bed. called the store this morning, and they managed to find someone else to come in yay, and jen gave me her new cell # which i guess she forgot to do previous, or i'm stupid and forgot it. either way.
at least spam isn't letting me down. last night i got one from DanBotulism, and today one with teh subject of "Experience the 3 foot squirting dan! (today)". wow